PCS Family Trucking
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PCS Family Trucking lounge

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Da Cookieman joins the Million Miles Driven Club!!!!!!! Congrat's Cookie!!!!!!
A permenant PCS Family Trucking branch is established and runnin contracts in Europe.
Westy, originally from Europe, goes home to oversee Euro operations and contracts.
We have two promotions to celebrate. Plowboy8800 is our newest Contract Manager. Outlawjohn is now the Communications Manager. Congrats Brothers.

More is Less

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PapaBear
Admin
PapaBear

More is Less Empty
PostSubject: More is Less   More is Less Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:04 am

Some routes require a butt load of fuel, while others, not so much. Here's how to save you and the company cash on fuel cost.

In your edit driver screen you can change the percentage of fuel that is put in your tank during refill. I used to think that runnin a lower % was a good thing. Then I started my own company and got to see the ledger. Boy was I wrong. For one a lower percentage of refill means you have to fill more times then you do taken 100% with refill. While it's cheaper right then, it adds up cash wise for you and the company, and instead of havin one fatigue point for refuel on a trip you get six or more.

Another why to pinch the pennies on fuel is to spend a little money on up grades. In the purchase items shop there are three items that will improve your fuel milage (mpg) by a total of 23% when all three is purchased and installed. These items air a new air filter 5%, new fuel injectors 8% and new fuel filtter 10%. And there is also the option of 50 gallons extra fuel. You can purchase a 50 gallon spare tank. These are fairly cheap. the trick to new parts tho is if your not at max condition be you buy them, they won't install untill you repair. So you can either repair then purchase, or purchase then repair. You can buy parts in route, but can't sell them untill you've dropped you load.

So in the case of fuel, more is less. Always have your refill level set to 100%. Anything lower, you think your savin a bunch of money, but you not. Plus, your loosen 4-5 driving legs for fuel fatigue. Remember, more is less.

Last edited by PapaBear on Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:21 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : add content)
Back to top Go down
http://pbhtreborn.niceboard.biz/forum.htm

More is Less
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PCS Family Trucking :: Welcome to the office :: PapaBears Advice-
Jump to: